Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31: Mandarin Oranges and Chinese New Year

These cute little Mandarin Orange plants appear all over Singapore during Chinese New Year. The markets are also full of these oranges because mandarin oranges are shared among relatives during CNY, signifying good luck for the coming new year.

The picture is from a temporary stall at the mall near my apartment where they've been selling these plants over the past two weeks. Usually shops and office buildings keep many of these in the lobby. I am guessing they are bought for houses too.

The tiny mandarin oranges that come into season especially at this time of the year are insanely sweet, cheap, and delicious!

8 comments:

  1. So colorful! I have to find some time and go to the Chinatown over here for some photo ops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it will be brilliant at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. they are so sweet and so yummy. :-).

    Nice pic Nags and Have a fun trip to India. can't wait for the pics. :-)

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you buy a pot of these? They look sooo pretty! Like I want to cuddle them to sleep pretty - but I know that will poke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi.. been following ur blog for a while now.. luv ur pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't Anu. They are quite expensive!

    Thank you so much Madhura..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi.. been following ur blog for a while now.. luv ur pics :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...